- Are you absolutely certain you are pregnant?
- What do you know about fetal development?
- Do you have a viable, uterine pregnancy (in other words, one that is capable of normal development)?
- What is your knowledge of abortion procedures?
- Are you aware of the emotional complications and trauma associated with having an abortion?
- Are you aware of physical complications that can result from an abortion?
- Will the abortion clinic treat you for any complications?
- If you need to be hospitalized, does the abortion doctor have hospital privileges?
- Have there been any lawsuits filed against the doctor or the clinic?
- Do you have a sexually transmitted infection right now? Have you been tested?
Often women facing an unplanned pregnancy feel they just want to get out of the situation as quickly as possible. Sometimes abortion seems like the answer that will end all of the problems, but this is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. It is not a decision that should be made hastily. For your own health and safety, you should make every effort to be completely and accurately informed. If you are not sure about any of the above questions, a volunteer from the Center will provide you with information that will help you. For more information please contact us.
Fayette Pregnancy Resource Center does not perform, refer for, or recommend abortions.